Friday, September 4, 2009

Homework........ Boy vs. Girl


So having 2 children in school for 3 weeks now I have noticed there is a huge difference between Charlie & Annie!

Charlie hates homework! I am not saying that like oh it's cute he doesn't want to do his homework - I mean he really, extremely, passionately dislikes having to do homework. Really who can blame him, he is gone from between 7 and 7:30 depending on if he rides the bus or not and doesn't get home until after 2:30. It is hot outside (it has been hovering near and above 100 here for 2 weeks now) and he is tired, bored with doing school work, would rather play or he has an after school activity. Not to mention there is WAY more homework in 2ND grade than 1st.

Annie on the other hand LOVES homework. Seriously, she does the entire packet sent home on Monday afternoon, then for the rest of the week asks me to make her more homework. She has gone through the dozen or so practice workbooks I had around, she loves it when I print worksheets off the computer for her and if I don't do that she gets out paper and practices letters! I am not sure if this is just new and novel for her but I don't ever remember Charlie wanting to do all his homework in kindergarten in one sitting then asking for more! Really I think it might be a difference between boys and girls!!!!!

No comments: