Thursday, March 18, 2010

St. Patty's Day


The kids out front looking for gold!

I love that Annie is at the corner looking for gold (it was only on the porch & driveway!)

Our kids are at such a fun age. They still believe in Fairy's, Santa Claus and Leprechauns! I have been so busy I almost forgot to do things for St. Patrick's day but the night before I pulled a few tricks out of my sleeve. I went outside and gathered a ton of rocks and spray painted them gold. John and I sprinkled them in the front entry way and down the front porch and drive. The kids were so excited to find it, they all took some to school to share the gold with their friends. I tried to dye the toilet water green but forgot that I have cleaner tablets in the tanks and it bleached out all the color!

We did have corned beef & cabbage for dinner. John has always told me he didn't like it but I made it anyway (I did have a back up plan in case no one would eat it) but much to my surprise EVERYONE (John & all the kids) LOVED IT!!!! Okay, not the cabbage but the corned beef, carrots & potatoes. I am so excited, I know that sounds silly, but I have always love corned beef and never made it because I always assumed no one else would eat it. In the past I would try to get myself invited to may parents near St. Patrick's day on a day I knew John couldn't come so my mom would make it for me!

I also made these tasty little treats - Rainbow cupcakes! (I copied the idea -but really could they be any cuter!)

1 comment:

Renee and Agua Family said...

what a fun idea, I may have to copy that next year!! :)