Friday, June 13, 2008

We Made it the first week of Summer Vacation!

I don't know why I feel a little guilty but it sure was nice to get the kids in bed tonight and to sit down and take a deep breath. We had a fun but busy week. Wednesday I took the kids into Folsom to see Shrek III then they had friends over in the afternoon to plays. Yesterday I spent all morning cleaning then the kids & I went to my parents to swim and play in the backyard. My dad had made the kids a couple of tire swings and Charlie & Annie loved trying them out. Today Charlie had a friend over for a few hours and I tried to get caught up on all the stuff I didn't do around here this week.

I am so excited that the kids start Summer Rec on Monday. Charlie will go from 8:45 to 12 Monday - Thursday and Annie goes 9-11:45 Monday - Wednesday. Then 4 of the next 6 weeks there are field trips on Friday. Summer Rec is here in RM at the local parks and most of the neighborhood kids are signed up to do it. Each week has a theme and there are water days, sports, and arts and crafts they do. At the end of the 6 weeks they have an art show for the parents to come see all the kids projects.

I am looking forward to having the routine of getting up and moving so I don't have to come up with activities for all day everyday and we aren't fighting the boredom of being home all the time, not to mention the TV monster sitting in our living room that draws the kids in. Plus I am looking forward to having some time alone with Audrey. She & I often don't get that right now and she is heading straight for the twos and I think she needs some mom time.

Today Audrey was dead set she was going to climb onto the kitchen counters and get into the cupboards - I am not exactly sure what she was looking for but she kept gravitating to the cupboards that hold all the art stuff I keep up so the kids don't get it everywhere (paint, scissors, etc). Every time I turned around today she had a chair pulled up to the counters and had her little but up in the air. And every time I got her down and told her no she cried like she has the most horrible life. Really this went on for hours today.

Anyway, enough about today, we have our last baseball game this weekend. Charlie is so excited to get his trophy & Annie doesn't understand why she doesn't get one too. She is such a cutie, she loved going to the practices and games and riding her scooter around. She also loved going to the snack bar - although she liked it best when I would just give her a dollar or two and let her go up to the counter herself.

It will be nice to have our weekends back at least for the next 9 weeks (we are on the count down to College football!).

No comments: