Thursday, September 20, 2012

10 minutes to spare!

Last time I updated my blog I promised my self I was going to put blogging on my to do list each Monday morning, oh well I have already failed that one!  Here is it Thursday at 10:00 and I have 10 minutes to spare so here is what is happening in our family.

Last week we added some new things to our family calendar.  Charlie started flag football at the school.  You would think Tim Tebow has moved into our house the way Charlie is always trying to come up with plays and practicing throwing!  In fact this morning before school I had to send John and Charlie out front to toss the football around as it banged into the window yet again!  Today is his first game and we are all super excited to  watch him.

Annie started knitting club at school.  We have a great Kiwanis group where we live and these lady's come and provide this class for free at the school.  Annie and a bunch of her friends are doing it and they LOVE it.  She is always sitting around finger knitting.

Emily can't hear very well!  We have known it for a while but this week the Audiologist referred us to the ENT next Monday because her ears are full of fluid and she is sufficiently hearing impaired from it now for them to deal with it. (It has only taken a year!!!) I am looking forwarded to resolving this is some way.  I love Em but she screeches and it is like nails on a chalk board.  Now I just feel bad that I have no patience for it when it is her response to not hearing well. Basically it is the equivalent of someone walking around with their fingers in their ears all the time.  Since she doesn't hear right she doesn't talk right either!

Audrey as always is doing something that makes us laugh.  This weekend at Charlie's baseball game she went over to the visitors side and sat on their bleachers.  When Charlie came up to bat she started yelling at the top of her lungs "Charlie don't be afraid of the ball, it won't hurt you, come on Charlie there is nothing to be scared of!"  Oh poor Charlie, in case there was any doubt that any one couldn't hear her, John came up to me laughing after the game that he could hear it in the dugout with 10 boys!

Well my 10 minutes are up, time to go take Audrey to school!




No comments: