Monday, September 10, 2012

Monday Morning recap

When your babies are little and you are exhausted and overwhelmed with the caring for every need you just assume life will get easier as they get older. In some ways it does. All my kids can get a snack, can go to the bathroom on their own, they can play for periods of time alone, they are becoming self sufficient people. But in other ways I have never been busier or more exhausted. With 4 kids and a husband that are all busy and have things going on it seems we never stop. I find myself waking up at 5 just so I can get a jump start on the day and fall into bed almost asleep before my head hits the pillow. 

Our days are FULL! Everyday there are multiple practices or activities for multiple kids which means shuttling, carpooling, eating in shifts or early or late or both (you get the drift), while the kids are at school my days are full of errands, cooking dinner, cleaning, laundry, play dates, working in the classroom, and with a half day kindergartner the day is chopped in half. There are play dates and homework to be done, piano to practice, you get it. Life is crazy busy and there is always hiccups too! 

On Wednesday evening Emily fell and hurt her mouth. This included an emergency trip to the dentist for 2 chipped teeth first thing in the morning. She will have to have dental work done to build up a few teeth but thank goodness she is OK! Dr. Tommy (our kids dentist and old family friend of mine) said he will make her smile look perfect again (seriously - Emily has the toothiest little smile, she looks like she has flippers like the kids in Toddlers and Tiara's). While I was at the dentist getting her checked out John sprained his ankle playing ball. As an indicator of how bad it was John voluntarily went to the dr for it. Luckily it isn't broken just badly sprained!

 

But during all of this and the busier and busier we are I often forget all the great fun we have. This week fall sports kicked off with a bang (no pun in tended). Audrey and Annie are both playing soccer this year and after a month of twice a week practices for both of them they had their first games.

Audrey is our kid who we keep a journal of quotes because she is always saying and doing quirky things. For example when she was practicing some sight words for school this week she was making curly q's come off her "n's". She said "mom look, my n's are dancing" with a completely strait face. Audrey hasn't seemed to show a love for team sports yet, although she is loving gymnastics. 2 minutes into the soccer game she just walked across the field, during the game, up to the golf cart and said "can we go home now?" So John and I were SHOCKED when 3 or 4 times she dribbled the ball up and down the field herself and was super aggressive and into soccer. After the game she hops on the golf cart and says "hey, I didn't know this but I really love soccer".




Annie did awesome, but then we knew she would. She loves soccer and has this amazing ability to run. I always tell John she looks like a gazelle when she is running, it is quite beautiful when you watch her natural athletic grace. 





Annie's game was in town at Elk Grove Park and as we were packing up our chairs a woman comes up to the team and asked if anyone had a black Yukon, and said it was broken into. Well the family next to us has the exact same car as us and theirs was packed to leave town so I assumed it was their's. Wrong, it was ours. Smash and grab - they got my purse! I had forgotten it in the car as we where herding 4 kids as well as lugging lawn chairs, umbrellas, team snacks, and water bottles to the field. Luckily all my cards are with USAA and they were able to cancel everything before any damage was done. The window gets fixed today. Nothing of great value was in my purse only the million things a mom carries around! As I have said to John at least no one was hurt and our car will be fine.

Often John and I forget what a small Mayberry town we live in! As a great reminder we had been planning on going to an outdoor concert at our Lake to watch a Frankie Valli and a the Four Seasons Tribute band that night. We had the best time. You cant see because it is dark but behind the band is a beautiful lake and as we sat there with our friends and kids running around happy as could be with shooting stars filling the sky. It made John and I stop and remember how blessed we are to get to live where we do to raise our kids.





Then Sunday afternoon Charlie had his first Fall Ball baseball game. He started the game as pitcher and did a great job. He loves to play ball and loves it even more that his dad is his coach. They have a great time out there together. (I love the look on Charlie's face as he is waiting on the mound - he loves it out there and I think he knows how good he is - lol! )





Now it is Monday morning again and it is quiet in our house at 4:30, before the crazy starts all over again for another fun filled week! 

 PS - love this shot of Em! I can just see her thinking "no biggie, no one will notice I am eating off the serving spoon!"

No comments: