Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Years!

I can't believe it is New Years Eve already. Where did the year go. I have been in a very reflective mood all day. I can't believe I have been blogging for a whole year, but I will admit how neat it has been today to go back and read some of the older postings and look at the pictures of the kids. We have had an incredible year and the kids have grown so much!

Last year I asked the kids what their favorite thing we did during the year was so John & I did it again at dinner tonight. This is the consensus, they liked going to Monterey and to Wisconsin. Charlie loved going to sky high - it is his favorite place. They all loved Christmas and can't wait for it again next year. And this year they all want to go to Disneyland! (Isn't it good to start them young with goals?)

We had a great New Years at home with the kids. We told them they could stay up until midnight if they wanted. We had fun appetizers for dinner and the kids picked a cookie cake at Sam's Club for our little party. We played games and Wii. Audrey was out by 8:30 and by 10:00 Annie asked me to go lay down with her. Charlie made it to Midnight though and at 12:05 was asleep in bed!

2008 was a crazy, fun, busy but wonderful year for us. I know some people are happy when a year comes to an end. They say the new year is a new start but I hope for us it is just a date on the calendar and that we will be as happy together in 2009 as we were in 2008!

No comments: