Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Can it be true - we are diaper free?


Audrey has been dry through the night for months. If I put her on the potty first thing in the morning she would use it and then we would put a diaper or pull up on her and go about our day. Last week for some reason Audrey put on panties after she woke up and she has had them on ever since. Last week I would have to take her to the bathroom on a regular basis but yesterday morning she came running to me and said mommy me potty - she was dry she was just telling me she had to go!

We are still having a little harder time with #2 - if I can catch her before she realizes she needs to go it is fine but I think now that she realizes what it feels like to go #1 she will get it down soon! I am shocked at how easy she has been to potty train - we haven't needed candy, stickers or the Poopie Fairy which came for both Charlie & Annie. She has gotten some new princess & Dora panties which she loves & constantly wants to change so it has been no big deal.

I am thrilled that she is almost done with diapers but am a little sad that my baby has gotten so big so quickly! More than any thing I am just proud of her and how well she is doing with this whole endeavor - hopefully it will soon be a done deal!

1 comment:

Grumpa said...

WAHOO !! I know I enjoyed that milestone each and every one of our 6 times ! Enjoy the freedom.