Wednesday, November 25, 2009

No Baby Yet

Still no baby Garrison at our house. Yesterday I went in for a check up and it turns out she has a mind of her own and decided she wanted to be breech. So with Uncle Brett and Pop here we left the kids and John & I spent the evening at Kaiser. (we did go to the new labor and delivery at Roseville and let me tell you after sampling the L&D and both South Sac and Morse, Roseville was incredible!!!)

The doctors did an enjoyable (not) procedure called an inversion where they give you some medicine to relax the uterus, rub your stomach with mineral oil and then 2 doctors work together to try to rotate the baby from the outside - yes one pushes up on the butt while the other was pushing down on her head trying to twist her. They finally got her head down after about 20 minutes of this enjoyable baby & organ moving experience. They monitored her for an hour after wards and she was fine - today I am sore but okay.

Now hopefully she decides to stay where she is supposed to until she is out!

1 comment:

Christy said...

My goodness. What drama. I am so sorry. I am thankful they were able to get her turned around. Maybe she will hurry and come now. I can't wait to see new baby pictures!