Sunday, August 24, 2008

Last day of summer vacation


I can't believe that summer vacation is over. It went so fast! It seems like just last week I was thinking, what am I going to do with the kids all summer and now Charlie is going back to school tomorrow. I think the kids had a great time this summer and all have seemed to grow like little weeds!

We had a great summer though, there really isn't anything I wanted to do with the kids that we didn't do. We went to our lake a ton, had friends & cousins over, went swimming, did summer rec, saw some movies, went to the bounce house, Wisconsin, the Water Parks, the fair, and we even had some great lazy days. Really we had a fun & full vacation!

It nice to know we are going to be on a schedule soon. Charlie is excited about first grade, although he did tell me today that he isn't looking forward to having to work hard all day. I had to laugh!

John has been out of town since Thursday and wasn't supposed to get home until Monday night but he left his conference early so he could make it home tonight. We didn't tell the kids though so we could surprise them. I told them I had ordered pizza for dinner and that it would be here around 7:30. When the kids ran to get the door for pizza it was dad! It was so neat to hear how excited they were to see him. The kids love John so much, he is the greatest dad!

We had a little pizza party & I made a cake for dessert. It was supposed to be a yummy Ice cream cake and it was yummy just looked a little funny (the chocolate kept oozing out of the layers).

I can't wait to see what the next season brings!

No comments: