Saturday, August 23, 2008

Summerfest






Rancho Murieta has an end of the summer carnival called Summerfest and it was this weekend. Earlier today I took the kids to the carnival for a few hours and they all had a great time. (We missed John with us because he is down in LA for a convention.) The kids all loved going on the rides and playing with their friends. Charlie played a few games and won 2 goldfish! Audrey did so good, she loved the rides that she could go on and she even fell asleep in her stroller for a good hour! It was so fun to see so many people in the community together for this fun day. The first person we meet as we were walking was Charlie's Kindergarten teacher who was so nice to the kids and gave us all hugs. (I am hoping Annie gets her next year.)

We came home for dinner and to take a little break around 4:00. Then around 6:30 I took the kids back to the carnival and we did a bunch more rides for a few hours. The kids had a blast tonight. They meet up with a bunch of their friends and they all went on rides together. As we were leaving there was a dance floor on one side of the carnival and on the other they were showing the new Indiana Jones movie in a field. The kids had such a great day! By the time I got them home and into PJ's they were all asleep before their heads hit the pillows.

I feel so blessed that we get to live in such an amazing place. There is such a sense of community! There were so many parents I ran into today that I have met and gotten to know and they all are so nice and seem to genuinely care that all the kids are having a great time. Between school, preschool, baseball, taekwondo, ballet, PTA and church I feel like I have found an extended community of people that we fit in with and like to be around. Tonight it was so neat to see all these kids huddled together and to know all the parents were watching out for them all. My friend Tessa took Audrey on the big slide and when it was done she didn't want to come back to me. She loves Tessa already and calls her Sessa. Earlier in the day Tessa's Mother in Law took Annie with her and Josh on a bunch of rides so I could took Audrey on the little ones. Tonight when all the kids were in line for the tilt-a-whirl ride another friend Caryn, took Annie on with her because she wasn't tall enough to go on her on. I guess I just truly don't know how to express how blessed we are to have found such a great place to live and people to be friends with.

No comments: