Tuesday, September 2, 2008

High Ho, High Ho it's off to Preschool She Goes!








Today Annie started preschool!

She was so cute getting ready for school, she helped pick out a new dress this weekend for her big day today and was so excited to get ready for school. Going to school was a whole other thing.

Annie is my shy child. You wouldn't guess if you see her around our family that she is shy but she has a hard time warming up to other little kids by herself. She was quite nervous driving over to school and when I left her she looked like a deer caught in the headlights. It almost broke my heart to leave her but I know she will have a great day. She loves her teachers, Mrs. Nikki & Mrs. Patti, and there are lots of kids in her class from last year. She was excited to see her friend Gracie, and I have tried the last few weeks to make sure we had some play dates with Gracie - we went to the park and the lake with her in the last 2 weeks, so she would be comfortable having her there today.

It is amazing how as a parent how your child's fears and worries hurt you. I just want all of them to have great experiences and to enjoy being a child! I want them to look back and remember lots of great things and that they were loved.

No comments: